Skip to main content

'Wildflower Creative Kitchen' sends out Vegan Afternoon Tea Subscription box full of Sweet Treats

**Update: Social media is now LIVE**
 Please show the love and like Vegan Prose
 on Facebook or Follow us on Instagram
Thank You!

~

Have you heard of The Vegan Kind? I just signed up for my first box- I'm very excited for it to come, it is a lifestyle box, a beauty box and a supermarket!
I have joined there affiliate programme so, just so you know, if you buy something I might get a small percentage.

The Vegan Kind


When I became a Vegan, I did so not by focusing on the things I wouldn't be having....but instead focusing on what I would be eating. I have experienced so many new tastes and I do not miss any meat, cow's milk, eggs....I'm even dealing well switching to Dark Chocolate- but....Cakes.


Cake by Wilflower Creative Kitchen

Cakes are another story...
Why are there so little options for vegans?
What are vegans meant to do for their birthday?
Why does no major supermarket stock a vegan cake?

There are approximatly 3.5 million of us.....and we each have at least one birthday a year (is the Queen a vegan?)

Luckily, Jessica Salmon from Wildflower Creative Kitchen has it all in hand.





In addition to an amazing selection of unique made-to-order cakes, Her monthly 'Afternoon Tea' Subscription box offers a loose leaf tea and 3 sweet treats sent right to your door (in a box that actually fits in your letterbox- major bonus!) 

The Vegan Box focuses on sweet treats we know and loved....while all being cruelty free.



So...who's ready for an Afternoon tea, I know I am.....


'We're All Mad Here' Alice Dress from Retroesque, Arundel


You should have seen my partners face as I tried to explain what I was up to! "Vegan stuff!" heehee.






It's important to take a part of the day to relax and refresh your mind, and nothing does this better than a cup of tea! The wildflower box contains a loose leaf tea each month, this time it was Chai Tea.






The smell was amazing, as soon as I opened the box it was gorgeous, not overpowering, and not spicy like some teas. I made it in a glass teapot and brewed for three minutes like it said on the packet. It was delicious, not too strong, very drinkable. It went really well with the cakes too....


This madhatters tea party was myself and my non-vegan partner trying tasters of the treats. You can eat them for up to 5 days or freeze them and enjoy within 3 months.






This White Chocolate Raspberry Cookie was so gooey and yummy, the raspberry sauce/coulis thing was hard and stickey- it was gorgeous, there were BIG white choc chips in (I missed these so much!) and to top it off it was a nice thick cookie.

Non vegan partner said "I was surprised, it tasted really good and like a normal cookie! I loved the chocolate pieces"






The chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie was one I was most looking forward to after seeing the options and it didn't diappoint. We ate this taster with the tea and they went really well together. I loved the peanut crunch!

Non vegan partner said "This is vegan? No! It's really good,...can I try it with your vegan ice-cream?"

We also tried a small piece each heated up to give that 'just baked' taste and I would recommend this too!!






The Jaffa Cake was actually the one I was least looking forward too....I never really enjoyed the orange part of a non-vegan jaffa cake. But, wow....this turned out to be my favourite. You can see from the picture it was real orange zest and it was so good, not overpowering and just damn delish!! When I cut into it the orange coulis oozed out the centre...that's what you want in a Jaffa Cake!

Hands down the Best Jaffa Cake I've ever tried...and it was massive!

Non vegan partner said "You can tell it's dark chocolate, but it's really nice....I love the zestiness."



Overall I really enjoyed the handmade sweet treats in this box. It's amazing to get them delievered and the tea just tops it off so well. I feel this is a box not just for vegans but anyone looking for a little treat with the added bonus of it being cruelty free. My non-vegan partner gives it a solid thumbs up and we were both really surprised by the Chai tea, it surpassed all expectations.

You can buy this subcription box for just £12 a month. Each month the contents will be different - a surprising flavour sensation every time! The subscription is obligation free so you can cancel at any time.

This box was kindly given for review. I would be happy to order another box as I loved receiving artisan, hand made cakes to my door- and I think the price is very reasonable.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to spot a fake Vendula London Bag - the vegan friendly bags with style! Tips and tricks for spotting counterfeit handbags online

 "Where did you get that bag?"  Vendula London is on online and in store brand that offer unique and wonderful bags, purses and accessories. I first found them while trying to find a unique bag for a special event and have become slightly obsessed with their unique designs!  The mix of printed and stitched design on their signature shopfront style bags offer a daring, different style. With a large array of bag shapes and designs, you can easily find the style and shape that suits you. Many styles hold lots of items easily, with a surprising amount of pockets and zips. Vendula London has earned it's place alongside the many popular brands which see the life cycle of their products continue long after they are sold out or 'retired' from the shelf. Sought after bags can reach well over twice their original retail price on auction sites and Facebook groups. Styles like The Piano Bar, The Biscuit Shop, The Book Shop and The Sewing Shop are rare and popular, as well as

Gorgeous Christmas T-shirts, sweatshirts and more from NEW Etsy shop Print Shop Revolution!

I don't know about you, but, I often find myself in my Novelty Christmas Jumper- hot, sweaty and uncomfortable.... (unlike this gorgeous Charles Spaniel who looks spiffingly cosy!)   It might be my neuro-divergent brain, or that time I spent Christmas in New Zealand and there was a heatwave, but, I much prefer a nice, breezy shirt to show off my Christmas spirit! In recent years, I have collected Christmas shirts , including bauble prints and Santa and reindeer patterns- but when I saw PrintShopRevolutions 'Cat stuck in fairy-lights' print I fell in love. Photo: Vegan Prose Get This Shirt Here.  This new shop is based in Texas, but there is still plenty of time for UK customers to get their orders in! Shop owner, Taylor very kindly gifted me a t-shirt to review and I couldn't be happier with it, it is true to size, vivid and well made. The quality of this shirt is perfect, I choose red for the festiveness and so it matched my hair, but there are an array of colours to

Autumn Etsy Finds - Vegan friendly gifts and treats for those autumnal cosy evenings - self care, fall season

  It is the first of October- and we have officially entered Autumn (shrieks in orange) - it is truly my fave season and brings so much joy, I hope I can share some with you today- I have been celebrating for over a month. I love the cosy nights, wrapped in a blanket, reading a book. I have had so much tea already this autumn and it sees no sign of stopping! The lovely people at Etsy have asked me to do another blog and I wanted to share with you some of the amazing autumn products on Etsy , all from small businesses! The ones I have chosen are all in the UK to help the environment and shop local, but Etsy actually offsets its CO2 emissions in its postage which is amazing!  Find the Editors Picks here , or check out the autumnal items below. I'll be updating the whole Faves here . Let's start with a gorgeous, handmade pumpkin light - this is available in 3 different sizes and a variety of colours- this is perfect fall aesthetic! It's lit. (sorry) Next, these beautiful  wax